Thursday 1 March 2012

Personal Brief

From my last post I had narrowed down my ideas to two concepts, it was then brought down and I picked one of those ideas. After speaking to my tutor my mind has opened up and I am looking at two ways of taking my concept further. It is mainly about the two organisations that I would like to work with that is making my idea follow two different directions. These two organisations are: Marine Conservation Society (Scotland) and The Woodland Trust (Scotland). I have started mind mapping what each organisation are about and came up with a sort of brief for each of them.  
Marine Conservation Society  
To create a center that will help educate people on the natural environment and the things we can do to help - in this space there would be an informative section and space for a workshop as a means to help educate people through doing things. This center would be located within a forest near to where I live in Dundee.
Woodland Trust 
To create a center that will help educate people on the natural sea life environment and the things we can do to help it make these natural places the best they can be- in this space there would be an informative section and space for a workshop as a means to help educate people through doing things. This center would be located near a beach front where I live in Dundee.

From doing this I went on and contacted each of the organisations to find out more if this would be beneficial to them and there work. I then went to the library in search for some book that could give me some inspiration  on wood structures/green architecture and structures built with water. 


 







I have taken a lot of inspiration from these books, and also got an email back from a woman that works for Marine Conservation Society (Scotland), she was very positive about my idea and was very willing to help me with any questions I had/have in future. I am still waiting on a response from the Woodland Trust (Scotland) - I would like to wait to hear from them before I decide which route I am going to take. So at the minute I am continuing to research into both areas further.   

No comments:

Post a Comment