Sunday 3 April 2011

SEPA Project

Over the past few months I feel like I have not been posting enough on my blog due to having such a large project on at the moment. So to make up for this I will explain what it is exactly what I have been doing. 


This project is to refurbish an existing warehouse into an office building for SEPA, to begin with it started of as an 11week project due in before we broke off for easter but due to the size of the project and not having enough time to complete it we have been given an extension until the 2nd May. 


Before starting into designing the office space I researched into what SEPA does and what it is they are trying to achieve. From finding out more about SEPA I came up with the idea of making in inside of the building as natural as possible and to make the inside of it feel like you were still outside.  With this in mind I then researched into different types of natural design and how people have brought nature inside a building. The main thing that stuck out to me was the grass carpets, green roofs and growing walls. 








With this concept in mind I continued to research it but started to think of the design of the interior and exterior of the building along with the interior layout. At this point I decided that I wanted to make most of the buildings walls in glass to create an open feel within the building and to also make the most of the natural light that would be available. This then followed on with the inside design, thinking about the insulation, types of flooring, the circulation of the building and a number of other things.


But I am now at the stage of completing the entire design in sketchup and now it is time to start thinking of making things final and to start the rendering process.


I put up another post when it is near the deadline with images of my final design and the sheets I will present with..

No comments:

Post a Comment