Friday 15 April 2011

Assignment 5B - Summer reading and other plans

Since we break off at the end of May we have a lot of time during the summer so these are some of the plans that I have made for this time.


Books
Blink: The Power of thinking without thinking - Malcolm Gladwell
Outliers: The Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
I have chosen two books written by Malcolm Gladwell due to really enjoying reading his book 'The Tipping Point' I thought it would be interesting to see what some of his other books are like. 
Did you Spot the Gorilla?: How to Recognise the Hidden opportunities in Your Life - Richard Wiseman
I chose this book as the clip it talks about I have been shown before and thought it was very interesting, so I thought the same about this book which talks about the same concept.
Natural Flair (Eco Architecture) - Taschen Publishing
I have chose to look at a few books to do with my discipline as from doing this current project it has got me very interested in sustainable architecture and how it can be built in a good way.
Sustainable by Design: Explorations in Theory and Practice - Stuart Walker
I have also chosen this book for some of the same reason as the previous book, although I thought it would be good to look at a book that is not necessarily specific for my discipline but it could provide me with inspiration on doing other things or ways of doing things.


Blog
Personalise
I need to spend time on making my blog my own and adding a personalised background/logo.
Portfolio
I want to create a portfolio containing all the work I have done over the past two years for anyone to see if they come onto my blog.
More content
I need to spend more time adding more post around the things I come across in day to day life and my design thoughts rather than just sticking to the assignments and studio projects I have.
Twitter account
I need to set up an account and would like to link it into my blog so that it is easy for people to find.
Details
It is important that when people come onto your blog that they can find out a bit about yourself as well as finding out about your designs.


Contacts
Other Disciplines
I feel it would be good to get in contact with some of the students in different disciplines especially textiles and jewellery as there has been such a divide over the past few months.
Exchange students
As there are a number of students in my course that are going away on exchanges it would be good to keep in contact to see how they are getting on and what there projects are like etc.
People in Industry
Connecting with people who are in the architecture and interior design industry is important as they open up the chance of potential employment or even a period of placement.
Twitter
Using a twitter account will help find and follow fellow designers and people in industry that could help me with inspiration in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment