Sunday 10 October 2010

First Blog

I am trying to write this blog for the first time which has taken me a long time to actually start, I don't think it'l be an easy thing to do but it'l be like one of those things once you have started it becomes much easier the more times you do it.

It is coming into the last week of my first project for second year, the project brief is to design an Exhibition Space on Juteopolis. At the beginning I wasn't looking forward to doing it on jute since I picked the Jute Industry for one of my projects in first year, I have to say the feeling is still the same about it. Jute isn't the most exciting of materials and gets very boring after such a long period of studying it (which I suppose applies to anything). Although my group have decided to stay away from jute the material and foucs more on the lives of people at the time, I will be very happy once the project is finished.

Been in the studio all day on a Saturday to get as much work done to minimize the work load but when you are making a model a whole day only turns out to be like a couple of hours work. Today is Sunday and there seems to be a lot of work yet to be completed for Tuesday/Wednesday so we have time to get the boards printed and my presentation recorded. Looks like there will be a number of late nights ahead. I will try to keep this updated in the progress of the last few days of this project as the deadline gets closer and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment